My Grandma has these really old worn out placemats that she uses all the time, so my sister and I decided that it was time for some new ones. We tried to get them finished for Christmas but that just didn't happen since I was trying to get the quilt for my Mother-in-law finished.
I got one done for Christmas to give to Grandma, and the others have sat in my sewing room waiting to get basted, quilted and bound. So when I saw Amy's One Week, One Thing Challenge I knew this was the project that needed to get completed. But my days didn't exactly go as planned, so they didn't quite get all the way finished. I decided that I would stay up as long as it took tonight to finish them just to have them done. I wasn't going to make the deadline but at least it was enough motivation to get the Christmas gift done. Then to go with the rest of my week I ran out of thread when I was finishing the binding on the 4th out of the six placemats. So here are the finished 3 with the other 3 almost done.
Here's a close up of one. My hubby thinks that it looks like a bunch of bamboo shots because of the color and the quilting.
Now somehow when I was peicing these I ended up sewing two of them backwards so they don't all match but it adds a little bit of character to them.